Coming Soon...
Coming Soon...

Coming soon

The Ontario SPCA Huron County Animal Centre accepts the surrender of companion animals by appointment only.  Stray animals fall under the jurisdiction of the Municipality. Only the Municipality, or the organization contracted by the Municipality to provide Animal Control Services, has legal authority over running-at-large or stray animals. The Ontario SPCA Huron County Animal Centre does not have the Animal Control contract for the Huron County area.

 To help reunite the owners with their pets as quickly as possible, it is important to go through proper channels. Municipal Animal Control is the first point of contact when you lose or find an animal.   Ensure that your pet is licensed and has some form of identification (tag, microchip or tattoo), so that if your pet is found by or returned to the local Municipal Animal Control Services, they can contact you. Animal Welfare is a community responsibility and requires many agencies, organizations and the public, working together, in a lawful manner, to protect and care for animals.

License your dog!  If you reside within a Huron County Municipality,  you are required to have a current license tag affixed to your dog’s collar. 


For more information in regard to the Municipal Animal Control bylaws within Huron County, please contact the local municipality directly;

Town of Goderich

Animal Control Officer - Bob Trick 519-525-7402




Central Huron


Huron East

South Huron


North Huron


To report suspected animal abuse call the Ontario SPCA by phone at 310-SPCA (7722) or 1-888-668-7722 ext. 327, or by email at or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

The Ontario SPCA investigators provide frontline protection for animals across Ontario by responding to nearly 16,000 animal cruelty complaints each year and rescuing injured, abandoned and abused animals.

Empowered by the Ontario SPCA Act, Inspectors and Agents relieve animal suffering and distress by issuing orders, removing animals and laying charges under the Criminal Code of Canada and the Ontario SPCA Act where circumstances warrant. Under the Act, Inspectors and Agents have the same authority as police officers when enforcing animal-cruelty laws.

The Ontario SPCA operates on a complaints basis. This means that you can help animals by being aware of at-risk animals in your community and by reporting cases of suspected animal cruelty to your nearest Ontario SPCA Community, police, Crime Stoppers or police.

Help the investigating officer by providing as many details as possible, including the type of cruelty witnessed, the date of the incident, where it took place, and who was involved. All information remains confidential.

Who to Call

Report suspected animal abuse
To report suspected animal abuse call the Ontario SPCA by phone at 310-SPCA (7722) or 1-888-668-7722 ext. 327, or by email at or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), your local Ontario SPCA Animal Centre, Affiliated SPCA or Humane Society or police.


Ontario Farm Animal Care Helpline Services
Contact the Ontario Farm Animal Care Helpline to assist farmers who are unwilling or unable to maintain acceptable conditions for their farm animals (or if you are a farmer experiencing difficulties) and concerns will be relayed to the appropriate group. Phone: 519-837-1326.

Illegal Slaughter Hotline
If you have any information regarding meat-processing activities which you think may be illegal, please contact the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) 1-888-466-2372,

If you have any information regarding concerns for wildlife, please contact the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) 1-877-847-7667,

Food Production and Humane Transport
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency plays an important role in providing protection for animals used in food production (CFIA). Contact at 1-800-442-2342,

Public Health
Contact at 647-260-7100,

Dog Owners Liability Act (DOLA)
Contact your local municipality.